INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information.
- Users: If you sign up for an account to use our App, we ask for information such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, household income, and information about the streaming platforms you subscribe to. We also collect any other profile information you choose to provide, such as a profile photo or bio.
- Enterprise Customers: If you sign up for an account on our Platform or request a demo of our enterprise product, we ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, password, phone number, and country. We also collect any other profile information you choose to provide, such as a profile photo.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and any attachments you send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address.
Other Content. We also collect any other content you choose to provide through the App, such as cover photos that you choose to upload when making playlists.
Payment Information. If you make a payment through our Platform, your payment-related information, such as your credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third-party payment processor on our behalf.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Location Information. We may infer your general location information, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners may collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you may be able to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, device type, web browser type, operating system version, device carrier or manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view or interact with, the searches you conduct, the playlists you create, the people you follow, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
Information from third-party services. If you choose to link your account on our App to an account on a third-party service, such as a social network service, we may receive information from that third-party service, such as your name, email address, and friends list. You should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options for controlling access to this information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To generate aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for purposes such as conducting market research and generating insights, such as insights into what streaming content is popular with viewers, that we may share with third parties such as our Enterprise Customers;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks, to facilitate social interactions on our Services, and provide other features and services to you;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- For security purposes, to find and prevent fraud, and to respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Enterprise Customers. We may share any aggregated data and insights we generate based on information we collect through the App with our Enterprise Customers.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Sharing Preferences. We provide you with settings to allow you to set your sharing preferences for content you create, post, or share on the App and other information about your account activity. As noted above, certain information may always be publicly available to others, and other information and content is made publicly available to others by default. To change whether certain information or content is publicly viewable, you can adjust the settings in your account.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may also transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
ACCESSING/UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information or request to delete your account through your account settings.